Please refer to CDC guidelines for COVID-19 as it relates to Alleypong
1. Alleypong is a two player game that utilizes a traditional table tennis ball and paddle with the objective of rallying back and forth across the table. The rally is concluded when a player fails to return the ball and it falls off the table onto the ground. The "ALLEY" is made up of a stripe stretching across the middle of the table, with three blocks sitting 5 inches apart, and is a neutral zone that is shared by the players.
2. The first player to reach 23 is the winner. A “Rumble" occurs when a player is leading 11-0, ending the game. The initial server is determined by the winner of a coin toss. Service switches every 2 shots.
3. Serves are required to bounce or roll at least once on the serving players side of the table prior to landing on the opponent’s side. Multiple bounces or rolls are welcome on either side of the table during the rally. Shots that come to a rest in the “ALLEY” result in a redo of the point.
4. An ”ALLEY point” occurs when a player ricochets the ball off of any part of the “ALLEY” and it travels towards the opponent's side of the table. Players must ultimately win the rally to cash in their “ALLEY point”, yielding two points. A "Tres-ALLEY point"' occurs when a player ricochets the ball off of any two alley blocks, and ultimately wins the rally yielding three points. If the "ALLEY point” or “Tres-ALLEY point” ricochets back towards the executing player's side, they are responsible for returning it to the opponent.
5. Shots that are questioned by either opponent result in a friendly redo of the point. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2020 ALLEYPONG - All Rights Reserved.
Nashville United Table Tennis, dba ALLEYPONG